المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : HELP PLSSSSSSSSSSS

elma7mo
05-09-2007, 13:58
eslam alikom ...
Any one can answer this question i had a problem with one of the switches am working ... the problem as follow :-
I have two vlan one is connected to the 6501 switch and the other one is connected to the ISP on gig interface .. anyway the status of the gig showes up but the VLAN that connected to the ISP is down keep in mind that am 100 % sure of the correction from the ISP what could be the problem ...

lumark_s
05-09-2007, 16:17
Because you placed the interface in the VLAN before you ctreated the VLAN it self

this will end up showing the VLAN down

you need first to create the VLAN

then to join the interface to that VLAN

it will work

elma7mo
06-09-2007, 07:07
The problem that this switch was working before and i have received a fault on it saying its not working becuse of fiber problem .. when i get to the site and cleaned the fiber it works but shows VLAN down .. why this is happing ???? pls advise

amna_ali
06-09-2007, 17:51
The vlan can also be down if
Vlan or the trunk are not active
the line protocol is down or spaning tree is blocking that interface

what do you get when you type the commands
sh int vlan vlan-number
sh spantree vlan-number

amna_ali
07-09-2007, 16:03
Please let us know what was the problem because I didn't stop thinking about it pls:

lumark_s
07-09-2007, 19:29
me too :)

elma7mo
09-09-2007, 06:56
eslam alikom .. i will explain to u the whole thing .... just follow the steps :-
1- have receive a phone call saying the fiber is down.
2- i went there with a fiber tester ( tested all fine ) the connection from use ISP to the customer.
3- cleaned the fiber ... waited some time ... became green ..
4- the gig interface is UP ....
5- VLAN is DOWN ((( !!!!!!!!!!))
6-no spanning tree blocking the port ok
7- what i did i have removed the whole configuration of the vlan and then created it again ... after some time it works >>>

Guys the problem i faced it two times now .... i really have to find out why .. some very strange